Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year Announcement...


Happy New Year! 

I brought in the new year with a bang this year!  Let me tell you... Filipinos know how to celebrate!  There aren't words to explain what New Year's Eve is like here.  I tried to take some videos, but those don't even do it justice.  Here is one video from the night... 


This video was taken in front of the Harvell's house.  The fireworks are being shot off by neighbors.  Multiply this by 10... and it lasted for several hours!   The streets were covered by debris, the smoke was so thick you couldn't see, and my ears were still ringing the next day!
 I can’t believe the changes that have happened in my life in 1 year’s time.  Last New Years Eve I stood surrounded by friends and made a declaration. “Here’s to new journeys and increased faith in 2011.”  This year I stand in a new country surrounded by new friends and feel burdened to make the same declaration… Lord, continue to increase my faith!  Continue to guide me on this journey.  May I be faithful to hear His voice and quickly obey.   May He be glorified in me and through me. 

So here is a special announcement!  After much prayer and consideration, I have decided to extend my time here in the Philippines.  My new return date is April 20, 2012.  I am excited to see how the Lord unfolds His plan for my life.  I am so appreciative of your prayer, encouragement and support!

Blessings, 
  Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment